I dont grow up seeing the world or roaming around the country. I don’t even imagine that I want to travel. It is not a childhood dream to see Palawan or Boracay but I was amazed by its beauty upon seeing its pictures or videos.
My hunger for travel started in 2006. My first airplane ride, my first Visayan tour and my first to see the beauty of my country. 7,107 islands and islets in the Philippines is no longer an imagination while reading Social Studies books but I try to visit some.
The perks of traveling in the Philippines. ( I tried solo backpacking, family get together and barkada blowout).
1. Culture / Values / Norms – Philippines has its different colors when it comes these. Our culture is very authentic, even we are influenced by different races, something is uniquely Filipino. Go to any part of the country and you will learn various dialects, eat different meals and witness the hospitality of every Filipino
2. Beauty – be amazed with the beauty of nature, fine sands, crystal blue water, attractive volcano, life under the sea and the smile of the people.
3. People – you will discover how Filipinos manage their guest. How we love to sing, dance and joke. We are a country of talented people. Philippines is generally safe and you can trust us.
5. Stories – whether alone or in a group; asked a Filipino to come with you and talked about the myth of a certain place, the live story of a volcano, legend of a fruit or something about politics or entertainment. We love to talk and tell our stories.
6. Faith – Filipinos are very religious ( regardless of their religion). We were instilled have faith in God and act according to our will and conscience.
7. Resilience – that’s very Filipino, we fall seven times but we stand up eight times. We surpass all calamities, wars, famine, misunderstandings but we still manage to smile and laugh. I guess this is the reason why “mental health facilities” is not welcome in us because we can stand amidst any crisis. Yes, we have support system : our family and community.
8. Adventures – inherited from our ancestors, we love extreme adventures. And we go crazy trying out something new.
The next time you want to enjoy your vacation. Try to visit the Philippines. Just contact me and I’all show you around. Happy tripping….